Have you ever had the feeling that you are doing everything you can think of to make your life more positive? As human beings we make life choices every day in regards to how we want to live our lives. These choices reflect in our current and future selves.There may be times you feel as if you’re in a rut and there is no way to change the way you are living. Sometimes you just take your feelings for what they are because that’s what you have been accustomed to feel. But everyday is a new day and change can start any month, any week, any day, at any time. The time that is right for you.
There are eleven habits that you can break to start “destressing” and beginning to move your life to the positive happy life you want to live!
- Worrying about, everything.
- Worrying takes the fun and happiness out of everything. Take a breather, expect the situations you are in. Then think to yourself what can you do to make the situation better?
- People pleasing
- There is only one person in this world that you need to please and that is yourself before anyone else! Before saying yes just to make someone else happy first think to yourself: Is this going to overwhelm me? Do I have time? Is this going to be a burden? You have to learn to say no once in awhile and take care of yourself!
- Procrastination is one of the biggest burdens that you can make yourself feel. It does nothing positive for your life besides stress you out. Do not let your mind think about procrastinating. Think to yourself, No, because you know it doesn’t turn out well when you do so.
- Living in the past
- Nothing good comes out of living in the past. The past has happened and is now gone and there is nothing you can do to change it. If you are stuck in the past you have to deal with those problems to be able to move forward and live in the present and think about what you can do for your future!
- Always looking past the present moment and anticipating the next
- When you are anticipating the next moment in your live so much you are missing out on present moments in your life.
- Judging others
- No one is better than anyone else. Simply when you judge someone else it is harming the way you think and feel. Understand that the human race is one and attempt to act unified.
- Comparing your story to everyone else’s
- Comparing yourself to others is something that almost everyone has done before. But, everyone is unique and has unique qualities about themselves and you have to embrace those qualities and stop thinking about the qualities you wish you may had.
- We have all made a mistake in our lives at some point. Living in shame is deep and harmful. Attempt to move past the shame. Once you move past it you will be able to start beginning to focus your mind on happier times.
- Disorganization and laziness
- Do you think that there is not enough time in the day? Start thinking there is enough time in the day! Laziness often leads to many hours of disorganization being wasted. Being organized seems to be a hard thing for some people. But the more organized you are the more productive you will become because you won’t be wasting time trying to figure it out.
- The fear of everything
- Sometimes having a fears in life often hold us back from moving forward and challenging ourselves. There can be many fears someone has such as: The fear of the unknown or the fear of failing. But you never know unless you try! Put the fears aside and try something outside of your comfort zone!
- The need to be busy.
- Breathe! We are human, we need to sleep at some point. A habit that most have may include trying to be busy all the times. This can be for many reasons such as to lose focus of other things in life. Doing too much can increase the stress level one has. Learn to focus on the little things, take care of yourself and relax sometimes.
Always remember, happiness starts with… You! And you CAN begin to be happy today just start breaking the bad habits one habit at a time.